Wednesday, May 4, 2011

You Bars (or trail mix, cereal, shakes)

Have you heard of You Bars?  I hadn't until I recently purchased one of those one day coupon deals for their company.  You Bars is an online company where you can make your own custom energy bars, trail mix, cereal, or energy shakes.  Pretty cool concept, and I was excited to try it out.

I am not big on protein shakes, and although I eat cereal almost every morning, I prefer straightforward cereals, so I was left with deciding on making a custom energy bar or trail mix.  I went with the trail mix.

You first decide on the size of your individual bags of trail mix (35, 45, or 55 grams - 13 bags per order).  I went with the 45 gram sized bag, which cost $25.87, or about $1.99 per bag.

It was fun trying to decide what to include in my mix.  The site has a great selection of dried fruits, nuts, grains, and other mix ins so you can get exactly what you want in your mix.  It also tells you the nutritional content of your mix in real time as you add and remove items from your mix.  This is a really great feature, especially if you are looking at specific nutrients or concerned about fat and calories.

After I made my final decisions, I was able to name my mix and submit my order.  About a week later it arrived!  It was pretty cool to see my custom trail mix with my name on it.  The mix was fresh and tasty.  A little more expensive than the typical trail mix you will find in the store, but that is to be expected with any custom food item you may order.

I don't know if I will be ordering from You Bar again, but I think it would make for a good gift idea in the future.  Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment