Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Another Mother Runner

I have been running, with varying levels of seriousness, for about eight years. I recently (finally) ran in my very first half marathon, the Smuttynose Rockfest in Hampton, New Hampshire. I went into the race with the attitude of not caring what my finish time was, but just wanting to finish (but secretly had a 2 hour 30 minute hopeful time in my head)

Picking up  my number for the half marathon!


Despite the cold, rainy day, I was able to run the entire race, not stopping to walk (except for a quick pee break in the woods) in 2 hours and 19 minutes!!! I was super proud of myself and am already looking forward to my next half. I already registered for the New Bedford Half Marathon in March, 2013.

 Anyway, I look for running inspiration where ever I can. One of my favorite sites to give me a little push is Another Mother Runner.   Reading about the highs and lows that other women have in not only the running "careers," but in life as well is not only inspirational, but educational as well.  It shows us that we are not unique in our critiques of ourselves as women, but that despite what we perceive as personal flaws, we cannot and should not let that keep us from getting out there and running toward our goals (pun intended).

Even if you are not a runner, check out the Another Mother Runner site. 

1 comment:

  1. Is your blog named after Eddie Izzard's comedy routine?

    I LOVE that routine :-) here's a link to an animated lego Cake or Death:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZVjKlBCvhg

    Glad to meetcha! Happy MoFo!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete