Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Niko's Restaurant, Weymouth, MA

I love a good breakfast spot.  Any throw in a place where you can order breakfast anytime, and I will for sure be there to check it out.  Today, that place was Niko's Restaurant in East Weymouth, Massachusetts.  I had read a few positive reviews of the restaurant online, and after checking out it's menu I was excited to drop in and give it a try. I was not disappointed!

Niko's is located in Jackson Square next to two other hot local spots -- The Venetian and Wendi Lou's Sunrise Cafe.  I got there about 12:30 with my two daughters, as it was spring break week from school and we had spent the morning at the Boston Science Museum.  The restaurant is very cute and cozy, with an open kitchen and nice homey atmosphere.  We were told we could sit wherever we would like, so we chose one of the booths against the windows.  We were quickly greeted by our server and given menus and asked if we wanted anything to drink.  I got coffee, and the girls ordered apple juice.

What I really like about this restaurant is the variety!  Most breakfast places have just the basics; eggs, pancakes, omelets, etc.  Niko's has those items, but it's menu really expands on what breakfast can be.  They have a large variety of original omelet and benedict choices, as well as an interesting assortment of other breakfast dishes.

I ordered the "Empire Benedict, " 2 poached eggs over spinach, smoked salmon, and potato cakes with a low-fat benedict sauce.  While the eggs were more soft-boiled than poached, the dish as a whole was very tasty!  It came with home fries and a side of fruit.

One of my daughter's ordered two HUGH chocolate chip pancakes with a side of bacon.  My other daughter ordered from the lunch menu, a Cesar Salad with grilled chicken.  They both enjoyed their meals, but as there is no children's menu available, their orders were from the main menu.  Consequently, their portions were way too big for them so we now have a significant amount of food in our fridge to have for breakfast and lunch tomorrow.

I didn't really peak at the lunch menu as I was way more interested in breakfast.  But they do also have lunch, and are open everyday from 6 am until 3 pm.

All in all, we really enjoyed Niko's Restaurant.  The food was very good, the service extremely friendly, and with the wide variety of menu choices, I know we will be back soon!

Niko's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Next time you're in Weymouth you'll have to try the Jackson Square Tavern. My Dad has been eating there for years. It's just around the corner from Niko's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try there! Hopefully we will get there soon.

    ReplyDelete