Saturday, March 3, 2012

140 by 40!

Ok, ok,  It has been a little while (well, a few months, actually) since I  have posted on my blog.  As with most people, the holidays derailed me and my regular schedule.  Even after the holidays were over, I had a difficult time getting back into the regular swing of things and kind of forgot about this blog.  Boo hoo!

However, I am back!  And with a purpose!

This year I am turning 40 years old.  While I know 40 is just an arbitrary number, it gets into my mind a little bit that it is still a milestone.  And with any milestone, it begs for a goal to be reached.  So I decided on one -- a goal I have had for a while, but have not had sufficient motivation to really push myself to reach.  And what is that goal you ask?  Well, I kind of dropped a spoiler in this blog's headline, but here it is anyway:

140 by 40!!!

Yes, I want to weigh 140 pound by my 40th birthday (July 19th to be exact).  While that is not far off -- I weight 148 pounds now -- as most people know, especially women, it is those last few pounds that seem impossible to get rid of.  And, especially now since I am getting older, with the inevitable slowing of the metabolism, it is just going to get more and more difficult.

To that end, I have really taken the bull by the horns.  I am upping my workouts and even went to a personal trainer at my gym, The Weymouth Club, to boost my workout intensity.  I am also meeting with the nutritionist at the club to tweak my diet and really try to get my food and nutrition the best it can be.

I have also started using a great tool to track my nutrition and calorie intake:  My Fitness Pal.  I love this tool!  I especially love the mobile app so that I can instantly record what I have eaten instead of trying to remember it later in the day when you can have the tendency to fudge your numbers a little bit.  (By the way, if any of you out there use My Fitness Pal, let me know and we can link our accounts and be fitness friends!).

Anyway, I will keep you posted on my progress, good and bad.  Support is one of the most important things in any weight loss goal, whether it is 8 or 80 pounds you are looking to lose.  And I thank you for your support!


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment