Monday, March 5, 2012

So Much Food, So Little Time

So, the nutritionist that I am working with gave me a meal plan to follow on my 140 by 40 journey.  It is a 1600 calorie a day plan, spread out over 3 meals and 2 snacks a day.  It should be pretty simple, right.  Wrong!

I am actually kind of overwhelmed by my options and choices at this point.  I don't know which direction to go in.  Who knew that trying to fit it all my meals and snacks would be as difficult as it is turning out to be.  For example, today I got up and made my breakfast: 1 Whole Foods Oat and Flax instant oatmeal packet with 1/4 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup blueberries, and 1 stevia.  Cool.  Then, I was supposed to have a snack in between that and lunch.  However, that never happened.  I ended up jogging 10 miles on the treadmill while watching Celebrity Apprentice on Hulu, and then had to run to the store to get a gift for my niece's birthday.  By the time I got home I still had to take a shower and whip up a batch of veggie curry with bean to have as my dinner for the week (on the plan!).  By the time that was all done it was time for lunch!!!

So, no morning snack.  Lunch however was 1/2 cup egg whites with sauteed mushrooms, tomatoes, green beans, and spinach topped with 4 tablespoons of salsa.  Yummy!  I also threw in an apple to kind of compensate for the lack of morning snack.

Now I just need to make sure to have my afternoon snack (veggies with 2 tablespoons hummus) before my daughter's get home and we go to the gym so I can do my 45 minute weights workout.  Ugh! Oh!  And I did manage to also clean my family room in between all of that.

I am actually doing pretty good with my meals during the day, but I am still having major sweet cravings after dinner.  I have to think that those cravings are more out of habit than need to eat, as most of the time I am not hungry after dinner, but will still give in to the cravings.  I am going to do my best to up my will power to resist the temptation of cookies, chocolate, and mostly ICE CREAM!

Keeping my fingers crossed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment