Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Our Last Hurrah

As mentioned in a previous post, last Sunday I took Ellie and Maggie to the Mall of America for a last visit before our move out of state.  I was happy to do so, as the girls absolutely love that place, and the excitement they get from going there makes me feel great.

Getting ready to go on the Brain Surge
 I must admit, when we first moved to the Twin Cities from the East Coast I was as excited as they were to get a glimpse of the world famous "Biggest Mall in America."  The mall was one of the first venues I visited after our move.  While the shear size of it is impressive, I quickly came to the realization that every other person who lives in this area knows: it's just a mall.  A mall with an amusement park in the middle, extra parking headaches, and people walking around taking pictures of themselves and their loved ones in the mall, but a mall nonetheless.

Lunch at Tucci Bennuch

Anyhoo, the girls and I had a fun day there, and I am glad we went.  I hope we built some lasting memories of our time here.

Making new friends at Build-a-Bear

13 days and counting!

1 comment:

  1. As an afterward, it didn't end up being my last hurrah at the MOA. I had to go back to get Maggie's Build-a-Bear creation fixed, as the opening wasn't sewn correctly.

    ReplyDelete