Wednesday, January 5, 2011

You Want To Go Where?

19 days and counting until our move from the Twin Cities to Boston.  It is a rather busy and stressful time. Right now I am, in no particular order:
  1. Packing.
  2. Dealing with all the little last minute items that need to get done for our tenants to move into the house (cleaners?  rental license? Shouldn't the property manager we hired be dealing with this stuff?).
  3. Printing, signing, and scanning and emailing back and forth of 1,253,342.4 documents for the purchase of our new home in Massachusetts.
  4. Trying to coordinate a plumber who supposedly "fixed" a minor leak in our toilet, but left us with a larger flood in the bathroom, and a window installer who installed a new window in my daughter's room with a nice crack in the sash.
  5. Waiting for my car to be fixed after I was smacked from behind three days before Christmas by some lady in a minivan.  According to the body shop, I have about 10 more days to wait, so until then I get to drive around in a stinky Hyundai Accent rental that doesn't even have power windows or locks.  At least I don't have to pay for any of the repairs, or for the stinky Hyundai Accent.
  6. Planning my daughter's 7th birthday party, slated for the weekend before we move.

So, to try to insert a little fun into these next couple of weeks, I asked my girls if there was anything they wanted to do here in Minnesota before we move back to Boston.  Well, they decided.....drum roll please...


Yes, that wonderful way to spend a day (and at least $200 bucks!)  Oh well.  Let the wild rumpus begin!

  1. American Girl Store
  2. Nickelodeon Universe
  3. Underwater Adventures
  4. Lego Store
  5. Etc, etc, etc.....

No comments:

Post a Comment