Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Getting to know you...

So, let me tell you a little more about me and my family.

That’s me, Kim.  I am 38 years old and a stay at home mom.  I love to bake, so hence, I love to workout!  I am a fitness and nutrition fanatic as well, trying to balance my love of sweets with a healthy lifestyle. To that end, I became a vegetarian about 2 years ago.

I grew up in Central Massachusetts, the middle sister of three girls.  Can you say “Jan Brady?”  My father was a Professor of Civil Engineering at Worcester Polytechnic Institute and a brilliant man with an extremely quick wit.  My mom was a stay at home mom for the first half of my childhood but later went back to work as an Office Manager at W.P.I. as well.

I graduated from Syracuse University with a degree in English, and promptly took that degree, moved to Boston, and applied its usefulness to the financial industry.  I met my husband, Paul, when I was 23 through a personal ad.  Not one of those modern internet sites, but an old-fashioned, honest-to-god, newspaper personal!  We were married in 2000 and moved to the Twin Cities of Minnesota in 2007.  Now, we are in the process of trying to move back to Boston; and with this housing market, who knows when that will happen!

Next, my husband, Paul.  He grew up in the Boston area the oldest child, with two younger sisters, which is why I believe he is a wonderful father to girls.  He got his bachelor’s degree from Indiana State University and lived in Indiana for 9 years, before moving back to Boston.  He received a Master’s Degree from Bentley University in Human Factors in Intelligent Design and currently is working as a Senior User Experience Manager.  He loves sports, especially baseball and the Boston Red Sox, reading, and his daughters.  He hates mowing the grass and pasta.

Eleanor is my oldest daughter.  She is 8 years old and a sweet, quiet girl.  She loves to read and listen to music.  She takes gymnastics classes and piano lessons, both of which she enjoys.  She is very sporty, and loves playing outside.  She is very thoughtful and tenacious.  She has a sweet tooth like me, and is a very good eater, meaning she at least is willing to try new foods.



Margaret is our younger daughter.  She is 6 years old and a little goofball.  She takes dancing and art classes and is a very creative thinker. She also loves to read and make up and illustrate stories.  She likes to make us laugh whenever she can.  She loves the Three Stooges and Looney Tunes cartoons.  She is a typical picky eater, not willing to try new things, and has opposite taste preferences from her sister, which makes cooking family meals interesting.


There we are.  Aren’t we cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment