Sunday, November 14, 2010

Welcome to My Kitchen!

Thanks for taking the time to sneak a peek at my blog. I don't know exactly what this may become, but as a former daily journal keeper, I thought this was a good way to start up journaling again in a way that would keep my interest, and make me seem at least a little up with the times.

So, first, here are a few facts about me. I am a 38 year old former member of the oh so exciting financial industry who now is a stay at home mom to two beautiful girls, Ellie and Maggie. Right now, we have been living in the mid-west (Twin Cities area to be exact) for about 3 1/2 years, but we are originally from Boston.

Boston is where my husband, Paul, is living right now, as he recently got a new job there, and had to move out east before the rest of us can join him. Yes, this is a story that so many of us are living in one form or another right now; we can't move the entire family back east until we can sell or rent the house we have now, and that is not looking too rosy right now, but we have to keep positive. At least that is was people keep telling me!

I called this post "Welcome to My Kitchen" because the kitchen is where a spend about 80% of my life! Not that I mind. I love the kitchen. It is a wonderful place to be, the heart of any home in my opinion. I also love to be in the kitchen because one of my favorite things to do is bake. I would bake every day if I had a larger audience to bake for! However, my dream for the 2nd half of my life is to open my own bakery someday. To that end, I plan on attending patisserie school as soon as the move happens, and the family is settled into life in Boston.

OK - a lot of basic information there. I am sure more will come as I add to this blog. Thanks for reading. Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment