Monday, February 14, 2011

All I Want for Valentine's Day is to Stop Coughing

Well, here we are again.  Another Valentine's Day is upon us.  This is never a huge deal in our family - maybe my husband and I will try to go out to dinner and we usually get the girls a little gift or something, but for the most part, we leave the heavy celebrating to the school's Valentine's Day parties.

This year in particular is going to be a quiet day, as I just was released from the hospital after spending four days there battling pneumonia.  I am still feeling a little week, and can't get rid of this cough that is keeping me from getting a good night's sleep, but otherwise doing pretty good.

While it isn't life threatening, being as sick as I was certainly makes you realize how a person, including me, can easily take one's health for granted.  We go about our busy lives trying to cram in as much stuff that "needs to get done RIGHT NOW!"  We don't listen to our bodies when they are telling us to slow down, take a break, eat, drink, be merry!  Then an illness strikes and, BAM!, all you want is just to feel well enough to want to sit up in bed and maybe read People Magazine.

So this Valentine's Day, I am going to sit with my family, tell them how much joy and happiness they bring to my life, and just...be.  Be quiet.  Be still.  Be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment