Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Village People Were Right

When we first moved to Massachusetts, one of my first priorities was to find a new gym.  I was in love with my gym in Minnesota, Lifetime Fitness, and just knew that I would never find a gym that could compete with it.

Well, let me eat my words.  It took a while. I visited four gyms before I found the one.  One that had a nice cardio and weights area.  One that had a pool.  One that offered a plethora of exercise classes and spinning classes.  One with children's activities galore.  Any what is that gym, pray tell..

The South Shore YMCA!

As a YMCA virgin, I had an idea in my mind of what to expect when I first visited the Y.  A run down, sad looking establishment with old equipment and nothing that would give me any pause to take a second look at the facility.  Well, here are three words my husband hardly ever gets to hear me say: I was wrong.  The YMCA in Hanover, MA is a lovely facility with great, friendly members and staff.  The girls love going there as do I.  We have already signed the girls up for summer camp at the Y, and I am looking forward to taking advantage of all the great programs they have there.

So, the point is, listen to the Village People.  Give the old fashioned YMCA a chance.  You may be suprised!

1 comment: