Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas is...

Well, the food is eaten, the presents are unwrapped, and all is good in the world. 

For our family, this was a kind of weird Christmas.  For the first time ever we were not able to spend it with our extended family.  My husband, who has been living in Boston since late October, was able to come back to Minneapolis to spend the holidays with us; and since we are moving back to Boston the end of next month, it seemed silly (and expensive) for us all to fly there for the holiday.  So we spend our first ever quiet Christmas as a family of 4 here in Minnesota.  And you know what.  It was a wonderful, sweet, peaceful day.

While I can't say I didn't miss our families, I wasn't sad.  My husband was home, my girls were thrilled with their gifts and having a blast playing, and we were together in health and happiness.  For me, this was the Christmas where I realized what the holiday is really supposed to be all about.

Christmas is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment