Saturday, December 11, 2010

Let it snow...we have treats!

As I am writing this, there is a blizzard raging outside.  It is expected to snow all day here in the Twin Cities.  I have been out to shovel two times already today, and both times I had to shovel about 6 - 7 inches of blowing, drifting snow.  I expect to have to go out to shovel another 2 - 3 times before this storm has passed.

But, I still have two girls stuck in the house, who are starting to get on each other's nerves, so I need to find something to do with them.  So what do we decide to do?  Make Christmas Rice Krispie Treats!


 First, you need to make sure you have all your holiday cookie cutters at the ready.

Then, melt together a bag of marshmallows with 1/2 a stick of unsalted butter.



Pour the melted butter and marshmallow mixture into a large bowl with 6 cups of Rice Krispies and 1 1/2 cups holiday M&Ms.  Mix thoroughly.


Pour the mix onto a sheet pan lined with a lightly greased piece of parchment paper. Press the mixture evenly over the sheet, putting your hand in a storage bag to keep the treats from sticking to your hand.



After the treats have cooled, flip onto another piece of parchment paper and peel off the paper that is now on the top. Then go ahead and cut out your shapes!


Make sure to help clean the spoons and bowl!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!
    that's my one regret... not getting fun baking stuff for today. I made sure we had plenty of other good eats in the house but didn't get fun treat stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, all I have done today is shovel, then cook something, then shovel, then cook something, etc, etc, etc!

    ReplyDelete